The M.S. Pumpkin Derby is Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013
at Louisville Slugger Field!
Don't let making a racer "scare" you. It's easy.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
You MUST pre-register to enter a pumpkin racer. Please see the "Registration" tab for our UPDATED Registration Form.
Deadline extended, but if getting a Deluxe Registration you must pick up your kit
at Louisville Slugger Field on 11/1/13. If you want to register, please email email@example.com. Do NOT mail in your registration form!
Bring it with you to the event but you MUST email us!!!!
After October 26th, email us to see if spots are still open.
If you have sent in a registration and have NOT received a confirmation
email, please email us ASAP so we can confirm your spot!
PLEASE NOTE: Our ramp has been finalized - please see "Rules" tab for more details.
Don't know how to make a Pumpkin Racer? It's EASY!
Please visit our new YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/mspumpkinderby
for a step-by-step guide to building a racer. If you still need extra help,
you can come to Slugger Field on Friday, Nov. 1st from 10-3 for assistance.
This is a "gravity race". You just put wheels on a pumpkin, we place it on a ramp, our ramp has a release gate, and gravity does the rest. You don't hold it, push it, run with it, catch it, etc. You just make it in advance (per the rules) and then watch it race down our really cool ramp. It's that's easy. Oh, you can decorate it of course.
What is a Pumpkin Derby?
The M.S. Pumpkin Derby is a family friendly event at Louisville Slugger Field to help raise awareness about the disease Multiple Sclerosis. The highlight of the event is the Pumpkin Derby, a unique side-by-side race featuring handcrafted, decorated pumpkin racers in a fun, silly, suspenseful, and dramatic display of American creativity. Excitement builds as pumpkin racers battle head-to-head for the coveted M.S. Pumpkin Derby Grand Championship Trophy in each of the four divisions. It is only $25 to enter a racer and you get a free t-shirt and Fun Zone Wristband with your entry (this does not include the racer kit - must get the Deluxe Registration to receive the kit). You bring your completed racer to the event!
But wait, there's more. There will be pumpkin decorating contest called the Showcase of Pumpkins (for racers and non-racers). We will have prizes in lots of categories including: Most Creative, Best Sports Theme, Best Racecar, Most Fun Spirited, Cutest, Scariest, Funniest, Best Cartoon Design, Best Carved Pumpkin, Best Animal Design and Best of Show. Entrance into the competition is FREE to all so recycle those Halloween jack-o-lanterns (please no rotting ones) and come down and join us.
This event is FREE to attend if you aren't racing and the M.S. Pumpkin Derby includes the Kids' Fun Zone with an inflatable from Kazoing, crafts, face painting, concessions, pumpkin bowling, Plinko and other fun, family-friendly activities. A single $5 wristband will give you access to one turn at all of the Fun Zone activities (except the inflatable, which has age and size restrictions) and all games have prizes with a winner every time (check out the Prizes tab on this website).
And while you enjoy your day at the world famous Louisville Slugger Field we hope that you will learn a little more about Multiple Sclerosis at our M.S. Awareness Village, featuring a sculpture exhibit by local artists, interactive displays to educate you on the disease and vendors from the medical, pharmaceutical, housing and services industries to give you a look into the support and products available to patients with MS. So be sure to check it out, because we bet you will be surprised by what you learn!
Registration and Fee Clarification:
Registration and Fee Clarification:
1. You must pre-register before October 26, 2013 if you want to enter a pumpkin racer into one of the 4 derby divisions. Deadline has been extended by if you are getting a Deluxe Registration you must pick it up at Louisville Slugger Field on Nov. 1st (10-3). See the UPDATE Registration Form on the "Registration" Tab.
2. You arrive to the event on November 2nd with your pumpkin racer ALREADY made. We will not have a place for you to make it on site.
3. If you purchase the basic $25 registration you do NOT get the racer kit (wheels, axles, etc.) and you must supply your own in order to create your pumpkin racer. You only get the racer kit with the Deluxe Registration ($50 – but also has 2 t-shirts and 2 wristbands). Please note - you supply your own pumpkin with either form of registration.
4. Be sure to pick your Derby division carefully based on age, pumpkin size and number of team members. Check out the “Rules” tab on this website for all of the rules and regulations as well as some tips.
5. If you just want to enter a non-racing decorated pumpkin into the Showcase of Pumpkins (this is not the race, it is just the decorated pumpkin contest) you do NOT need to register. You just bring your already decorated, non-rotting pumpkin to the event and enter it for FREE!
6. If you want to attend the M.S. Pumpkin Derby but do not want to race you do not need to register for anything. There is NO entry fee. The only fee is for the $5 wristband if you want to join in the Fun Zone Activities and the derby racer entry fee. Concessions will be for sale at the ballpark.